Tuesday, June 11, 2013

These Girls

Over the past year, Justin has had night class for his apprenticeship once a week. Usually, he heads straight there from work, and then gets home sometime between 9-10pm. It makes for a loooonnnggggg night for both of us. I don't know why, but doing the whole dinner/bath/bed routine solo is infinitely more difficult than doing the day-to-day stuff. Anyway. Last week was his last class until the fall! I was trying to keep my sanity last week, so I took the girls out to the front yard and for a quick little walk around the corner to take some photos.

Because while this is a hard, sleepless, time peppered with some serious separation anxiety for Becca (just for good measure), it's also a sweet time with these girls--Becca's personality is really starting to show, and she is really pretty hilarious. Lizzy is still getting used to the dynamic of having to share time with Becca,  and three may be the most dramatic age to date, but she's also full of such straight-up belly-laughing FUN.

And these girls together? They kind of blow me away. They love each other so much, and I hope that never changes. My sister and I never got along growing up. In fact, we're really just starting to get along now. I was nervous to have two girls, because for me, that whole "SISTERS ARE BFFS FOREVER" thing never happened. I find myself kind of holding my breath with Lizzy and Becca. Because Becca just lights up whenever she sees Lizzy. And Lizzy is generally so sweet with Becca. But I also see, sometimes, those tinges of jealousy. On occasion, I see Lizzy trying to knock Becca over when she doesn't realize I'm watching. I see Becca get irritated with the never stopping, never ceasing kisses and hugs and slobbery kisses from Lizzy. Time will tell, I guess. And until then, I hold my breath and hope for the best.

Sisters-1 Sisters-2 Sisters-3 Sisters-4 Sisters-5 Sisters-7 Sisters-9 Sisters-10 Sisters-11 Sisters-12 Sisters-13 Sisters-14_2

5 comments:

  1. This basically made me wanna pack up the girls and do a shoot---but my gosh I cannot get lucy to stay still at ALL. I missed the prime time :/ These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Your girls are beautiful, Meredith. And I'm sure with you example of constant love and support, they will be great friends to each other - with the inevitable sibling moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful girls! I have three sisters and although it wasn't always rainbows growing up, I feel like we all have a mutual respect for one another and would do anything to support one another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what sweet photos! I am sure the girls will treasure these one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful photos! I am sure the girls will treasure these one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.