Thursday, May 24, 2012

Pregnancy #2: 15 Weeks

IMG_9090

I had the best intentions to get showered and dressed for the photo this morning, but instead you get yoga pants, dirty hair, my Legend of Zelda t-shirt, and Lizzy in her timeout chair for dumping her bowl of yogurt on the floor at breakfast. That's pretty much been my morning! And compared to 15 weeks with Lizzy:



How far along: 15 weeks

Size of baby: An apple (Baby Center) or a navel orange (The Bump). Either way, she's about 4 inches long and 2.5 ounces.

Weight Gain: -7 by my scale, so up 3 pounds this week...which feels like a lot in one week! I think it's probably that this is the first week I've actually been feeling hungry, and I've been eating everything I'm hungry for. It's probably time to get back to eating the HEALTHY stuff! Also, I noticed this last time with Lizzy and am noticing it again now too--the "bump" totally changes sizes throughout the day. Sometimes it feels huge, sometimes it's barely there! So weird!

Symptoms: Just really tired. REALLY REALLY tired.

Exercise: I'm hoping to get some elliptical time in this afternoon if Lizzy naps.

Clothes: Regular stuff, though I'm now starting to want my Bella Band (which I still can't find darn it) or some maternity stuff when it comes to jeans.

Cravings/Aversions: I'm not really into spicy food...but lately, I had been straight up craving sriracha, which is kind of funny because I'd never even had it before, and how can you crave something you've never had before?! Anyway, I bought some on Tuesday, tried a little on some orange chicken, and have now eaten it on just about everything I've had since. Pregnancy does weird things to a person! But seriously, is there anything that sriracha doesn't taste good on?!

Movement: I do think I'm feeling that "popcorn" movement for sure now, though it's not with any consistency. Definitely not full-on kicks or anything Justin could feel.

Worries: This isn't so much a worry as it is an annoyance...but lately when Lizzy is mad, she tries to kick me in the stomach. Especially if I have to pick her up and set her in her timeout chair. We've told her that she cannot kick me in the stomach and explained why, but she still does it any time she's mad.

Milestones: The baby's still growing away! Lungs are being prepared of oxygen, and the baby can now start to sense light, even though her eyes are still fused shut.

Best moment of the week:Though we have a boy name picked out and ready to go, we're stumped on a girl name (Lizzy votes Hoo-Hoo). Justin and I sat down Tuesday evening and browsed this website that lets you say yes or no to particular names, and then suggests more. It was HILARIOUS. I had such a fun time laughing hysterically with Justin about some of the names it kept suggesting for us, like "Elizabet", which would not work for obvious reasons. Still no girl's name to speak of though!

8 comments:

  1. I love that Lizzy wants the girl name to be Hoo-Hoo. Maybe one day you can tell her the story about how she once wanted her baby sister (or brother, but possible sister) to be named a slang word for vagina. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you are so cute as a pregnant woman. It suits you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizard and Hoo-Hoo? What a special crew. ;)

    Tell Lizard that if she kicks you in the stomach that you'll kick her back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoo-Hoo???!!! Oh, I die from laughter. Hilarious!

    You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!

    I like Hoo-Hoo by the way. That should be on the list. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! And the first thing I thought when I saw the picture was, uh oh, Lizzy's in time out! I'm sure it's okay to be a teensy bit unhealthy when you're just starting to feel okay eating? I don't know :)

    You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Courtney is an excellent girl's name....just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm impressed and slightly jealous that you have a boy's name picked out! we are having the HARDEST time w/it this time around. ahhh. waiting for that one that just clicks but none have yet.
    also, want to borrow my belly band?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.