Friday, August 19, 2011

Five Minute Friday: New

It's been awhile since I've participated in Five Minute Friday at The Gypsy Mama, but I'm back at it again today...it was needed. If you're unfamiliar with Five Minute Friday, it's simple as this--every Friday morning, she posts a prompt, and you write for five minutes, without worrying about forming completely coherent thoughts, without worrying about typos, or whether what you're writing is perfect...you just write.



Yesterday, I came across a simple desk at the store for $30. I haven't really had a desk since college, at least, and I've mentioned in the past that I just couldn't think of a good layout that included a desk in our living room, but on a whim, I bought the desk, figuring that I'd find a way to make it work.

The living room arrangement isn't my favorite that we've ever had, but it is probably more functional in the long-run...and I do like having a desk. A new home for my laptop, my to-do list, and a few pens...maybe even a printer in the future! It's nice having everything in one spot--and since it isn't as easy just to pull the laptop onto my lap while we're lounging around or watching TV, I hope that maybe I'll be more intentional with my time on the computer too.

Perhaps this new desk will bring about some much needed changes in our life too--more time intentionally spent playing with sweet Lizzy girl throughout the day. More time spent wholly in the moment with my sweet husband at night, rather than  half listening to him and half browsing blogs. Here's hoping...hoping for something new.

3 comments:

  1. Love the photo on the side of you and your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have looked beyond the simple purchase of your new desk, to all the new changes this desk may bring! It ties in so perfectly with the way Christ brings new into every area of our life...in blessings we could never have imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to see this new desk of yours! In Texas we had our desk/office area in the living room and I also loved it. Now it's downstairs so when hubby is on the computer I can't even talk to him... I hate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.