Tuesday, April 13, 2010

12 Weeks to Better Photography- Week Seven


I'm not going to say much this week, because my AC Adapter for my laptop (our only computer) just bit the dust. I ordered a new one which will hopefully work, but in the meantime I'm trying to conserve computer battery.

I will say this--when it comes to shooting in Macro, point and shoot digital cameras are usually better than DSLR's, unless you have a macro lens. I don't. That said, you can often "fake" macro with a good crop. For example:
Original:

Cropped: 

How did this week go for y'all? Any overall comments or thoughts about photography? Do you think you'll use any of these tips, or mostly just point and shoot? How do you usually use your camera--manual, full auto, or somewhere in between? 




PS- MckLinky has changed. So if the list doesn't show up like usual, just comment that you've participated!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing this "Photography Lesson". Although I'll be several weeks behind, I plan on doing it myself since I just got my first DSLR camera and am CLUELESS. However, I once again forgot my camera with husband (in the process of moving so living in 2 states)...so I'll have to begin Friday when he comes and not today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those little plants? They could totally pass as little brownie desserts, minus the plant coming out of the one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never understood the purpose of Macro - unless you're a flower photographer, I guess? But your crop is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been loving this! I find myself thinking about it while I'm taking pictures and I've definitely seen an improvement and I'm so much more comfortable taking my camera out of auto and even sometimes into manual. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with Hilary! Those plants look like little brownie bites :) So what are the plants going to be when they grow up?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.