Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pregnancy Post: Week 32

How far along? 32 weeks. 5 weeks until I'm full term. Crazy!

Total weight gain: Still at 28 pounds.

Maternity clothes? For pants, yes. I'm still wearing some non-maternity shirts (both the shirt and sweater in this week's pic are not maternity), but I'm finding most are now getting too short.

Sleep: I sleep a lot, but not well. I nap for half an hour on my lunch break. I sleep for an hour when I get home from work. But I don't really ever sleep for any extended period of time.

Best moment this week: A co-worker's suggestion to try a cup of Coca-Cola to alleviate heart-burn. It WORKED! Also, I am sure my work baby shower will be awesome--it's my first shower, and I'm excited!

Movement: Definitely getting the daily kick count numbers, but I can't seem to make her move anymore. Normal suggestions like orange juice, soda, ice, poking at her, etc. don't make a difference. When I asked my OB about this, he responded, "Well, that has been known to be indicative of one thing in a baby--serious attitude." Greaaaaattt, lol.

Gender: We'll find out if she's still a she next Tuesday!

Labor Signs: Just Braxton Hicks contractions so far.

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but barely.

Stretch Marks? Yes. Even in weird places like my knees. And my sides. Exhibit A--a belly-level straight on picture:

I really grappled with whether or not to post a bare-belly picture, because I don't like these damn stretch marks. And it seems like none of the other pregnant bloggers I "know" have them. But then I realized that some of them probably do, but just don't show them, like I wasn't showing them. And it can be hard being pregnant watching these little buggers develop, and feeling like you're the only one dealing with it. So, here's the picture. I'm still not very happy about it. Moving on....

What I miss: Alcoholic beverages. Especially yesterday, which was my sister's 21st birthday. I wish that I would have been able to have a drink with her!

Weekly Wisdom: Eat when you're hungry. If you're not hungry, don't force yourself, even if it's "time" to eat. Doing so will result in the worst acid reflux ever. This is most certainly true.

Milestones: At the end of this week, I will be down to 50 days to go! Also, no more than 33.5 remaining business days at work--and realistically, it's probably more like 27. Though let's be honest--I'm seriously praying for a December baby rather than a January one!

10 comments:

  1. You are getting so close. Can't believe it! I can tell you right here and now that I will have stretch marks. For sure. I get a stretch mark if I eat a bagel for crying out loud. So thank you for sharing. When the time comes, I'll be honest too, because of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has stretch marks, but no one talks about it! I know I have some, but I don't want to show people. And anyway, at least you're earning yours by creating new life. I earn mine by eating too much chocolate!

    Someone told me they recieved some good "pregnancy eating" advice: if you're hungry for something, eat it. I think that more applied to the morning sickness stage, but I like it all the same. I also read in a novel that you should eat whatever you crave when you're pregnant, because otherwise, the baby will be born feeling deprived. I like that advice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been so confused by stretchmarks in weird places on pregnant women (like the ones behind the knees). Why does that happen?? I have some on my inner thighs from puberty and even that is weird.

    But good for you for posting bare belly pics!! It's just a fact of life, so I'm glad you have the confidence to show off your beautiful belly. :)

    Enjoy the shower and the u/s!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy, crazy how close you are! You look amazing Mer! I love it. I miss the cute bump, so you're not helping!

    Good for you in posting the bare belly shot! Remember them as love marks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're beautiful, and those stretch marks make it even more so. Nothing is more beautiful than a mommy caring and carrying her baby, even with all those little things that make women cringe.

    It's how I feel when posting a photo without make-up.

    But the truth is, we're living our lives honestly, bad skin, stretch marks and all.

    And that's what makes us real, and real is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! Can't believe you're so close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look gorgeous despite a stretch mark! I think I am doomed for them, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh I would LOVE it if little miss came into the world in December instead of January :) And friend, I had stretch marks before I even got pregnant, my hips, my butt, my knees, my legs.... yup. I'm sure I'll get lot's more before I hit 32 weeks :) Oh and hello, I love that sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So so close! And thank you for being honest & baring it all...I think you look great & any stretch mark will be SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Longbrakeliving-I agree with what you said. even models have them, its just that no one talks about it cause they're to ashamed of what others might think about them when they see the hidden stretch marks behind those clothes. LOL!!! anyway,has anyone of you tried using the palmers cocoa butter cream product? have you seen the ad lately? The company has been sued by Mary cause she had an allergic reaction with the product. If you have the same experience like hers, do visit palmerssettlement.com for more info, you can also file a claim there. Spread the word and lets help each other before it gets worst.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.