Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Snippets

-I knitted my first baby bootie last night. It was also the first thing I've really knitted following a pattern, and it wasn't straight! AND, it only took about an hour to make! If you knit, check out the pattern at Ooo Baby Knits.

- I cannot even begin to tell you how thankful I am to have today off as a paid holiday! I'm vacillating between whether I want to just sit around all day, or clean the house from top to bottom. I'm thinking that I'll lounge around all morning, and maybe clean this afternoon.

-The nursery mural is done, and I am beyond excited, and can't wait until I can show you guys the whole thing!

-If you missed the Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip recipe over the weekend, check it out (it's the next post down). Seriously, I don't even like jalapenos and I can't stop eating it!

-I'm totally stepping outside my comfort zone tonight. I was invited to a birthday party for some of the girls that I go to Bible Study with. I like all the girls, and I'm acquaintances with almost all of them, and they're all very nice to me, but they're also just a very tight-knit group, and sometimes I just feel like I'm on the outside looking in. It's not necessarily anything that THEY do, they've just all known each other for so long, and most of them are also in a young mom's group, that they have a ton of inside jokes, and they already know all about each other...and I can hardly keep their names straight! Anyway, Justin's the more "social" one between us, and sometimes I have a hard time opening up and being outgoing when I don't know anyone that well. But it will be good for me to be a little uncomfortable in this situation, I think. Plus, I'll get some sweet potato fries out of the deal!

-We found a dresser for the nursery. It was Justin's growing up, and actually his dad's before that. It's currently wood, but for some reason, Justin has NO PROBLEM with us paining it! It was his idea, not mine! We're making progress people! Also, Justin mentioned to his mom that I'd love to paint the table that we inherited from them, and almost all of his family said, "Yeah! You should totally do it!" Now, Justin is starting to seem somewhat on board with either painting it, or staining it to match our hutch and painting the kitchen cabinets white. I just have to make sure we do the dresser right so that I can convince him!

8 comments:

  1. Have fun at the birthday party! I totally understand what you mean about stepping outside your comfort zone. Just remember it's all for the sweet potato fries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you get today off! I'm here slaving away, hard at work! (while reading blogs) I can't wait to see the final mural in the nursery! I just love what you've shown us so far!

    Also, I hear ya, I'm not good out of my comfort zone either, but sometimes it's good to get out there. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on getting out of your comfort zone- I am terrible at making/meeting friends, especially when I feel like they are already all friends.

    I cannot wait to see the mural and dresser! Good luck with the painting and convincing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could knit!! Good luck with the birthday party, I've been like that since we've moved to Florida, there's a play group for the moms and kids in our neighborhood, and I've been invited to go, but I just get too nervous!! Especially since I'm the only one who doesn't have kids yet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the birthday party tonight! It's hard fitting into a new group, but I hope you have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wood. Should never. Be painted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little late but I can't wait to see the nursery mural! I was totally impressed with the preview you gave us! Hope the party went well, I totally hear you on that, I'm not always very goog at getting outside of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.