Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thought of the Day

4 out of 7 days, I really don't mind going to work. Occasionally, I even look forward to it. However, the one time that the loving work drops to 0 out of 7 days is during the summer. For me, there is nothing more painful than working away all summer and missing out on lazy summer days my the lake/pool/whatever. I need to get better about taking LONG vacations over the summer--I usually only take 1-2 vacation days at a time to add to a weekend, but now I'm thinking that it would be GLORIOUS to take a whopping 5 or 6 days at a time! For me, summer is just the best, most enjoyable time ever, and there's nothing more relaxing to me that camping out at the lake with not a care in the world.

The real point of this thought of the day though, was why in the WORLD didn't I think to become a teacher or to do something else within a school?!

1 comment:

  1. Hehe. That's half my motivation for being a professor. Turn my every summer into a paid vacation (pardon, grant-funded research trip) to Europe. My old history prof just told me he's spending two months in Berlin this summer, the lucky bastard. Someday, that will be me. Hells yeah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.